- Divide everyone into groups of 10 or fewer.
- Each participant gets a form with the problem statement written at the top.
- Each person writes three ideas at top and puts the sheet in the center of the table.
- Participants take a new sheet out of the center pile and add ideas to it.
- In this method, there are no formal rounds. Put the sheets back and get new sheets at own pace.
- Process completed at end of pre-determined time (e.g., 30 minutes).
- The last step is to sort the ideas using a clustering method.
The Pool Method